Important Service Notices
ETC takes steps to protect against COVID-19
At ETC we value the health and safety of our employees and customers above all else, which is
why we are closely monitoring events concerning COVID-19 (coronavirus). It is important for all
of us to do our part to prevent the spread of the virus.
While taking protective measures may not prevent people from getting the virus, it can help
reduce the number of patients our health care system must treat in a short period of time. As
the graph below shows, taking measures to protect against COVID-19 can spread the number of
cases across a longer period, ensuring that health care providers have the resources to help
everyone who needs it.
With that in mind, ETC is taking the following steps, in accordance with CDC guidelines, to
protect both our employees and our employees and customers:• Office lobbies for all ETC locations are closed to the public. If necessary, our Blue Ridge, Ellijay and Jasper offices have processes in place to exchange, replace or return equipment related to your services. However, you should call 800.660.6826 before you make a trip to our offices for instructions. Procedural instructions will also be posted on the door of each office. Please be mindful of social distancing if you must visit our offices.
• ETC employees who feel sick are being instructed to stay home.
• All employees are asked to take proper precautions to ensure the safety of themselves
and those around them, with vigilant use of social distancing.
• Employees who work directly with customers will avoid shaking hands or making any
• We will be providing additional disinfectant products to employees in the office and
posting additional reminders for employees to wash their hands often.
ETC offers a variety of options to help you pay your bill and manage your account from home.
We strongly encourage all of our customers to use one the following options in lieu of paying at
• Secure online payments at our website: etcnow.com (select Web Pay)
• Securely over the phone: 800.660.6826
• At select banks: Bank OZK & United Community Bank (check with each bank for their
latest in-person payment procedure; Bank OZK will accept ETC payments even if you do
not have an account with them)
• “Night Drop” deposit boxes at each of our offices
ETC is committed to serving our customers and ensuring you continue to receive reliable
service you want and need. To ease the strain in this challenging time we commit to the
• We will continue to closely monitor this dynamic situation and are well-prepared to
continue delivering reliable connectivity. Our communications network will continue to
be monitored to remain robust, providing the connectivity our customers rely on,
including government offices and agencies, first responders, health care providers and
facilities and businesses.
• We have opened numerous WiFi hotspots across our service area to help our students,
without internet access at home, connect remotely to download assignments.
We will continue to monitor this situation closely and explore further measures to support our
employees and customers and the community as needed. Follow us on social media for updates
and visit the CDC website at www.cdc.gov for more information about COVID-19.